What is Diazepam 10mg?
Diazepam 10mg is an oral prescription drug for treating seizures, anxiety, insomnia, and alcohol withdrawal symptoms. It is primarily indicated for treating short-term relief from anxiety disorder, muscle spasms, and fits. It belongs to the group of medications called benzodiazepines. It is the first line of treatment for managing a host of conditions and is also used for tapering BZD addiction.
It helps manage anxiety disorder, and it also relieves symptoms of skeletal muscle spasms. In addition, regular intake of the prescribed dose of Valium can improve social life, ability and performance at work, and general well-being.
How does Diazepam 10mg works?
Diazepam 10mg has anticonvulsants and Anxiolytic properties. It increases the levels of brain cells neurons, also known as gamma-aminobutyric acid (GABA), in your brain that helps relieve anxiety and manage seizures. At the same time, it relaxes tensed muscles. It has fast action that effectively manages the acute onset of an anxiety attack and systemic seizure.
It accelerates the GABA (a) and reduces hyperactivity; thereby, it reduces the symptoms effectively and manages symptoms in a better way. It is a cylindrical, yellow tablet upper face marked( v10) and the lower face scored.
What are some side effects of Diazepam 10mg?
Diazepam 10mg may have some unwanted side effects and are as follows:
- Day time drowsiness
- Feeling sleepy
- Shaky hands OR tremors
Severe side effects of Diazepam 10mg
- Reduce effort to breath
- Yellowing of eyes
- trouble urinating
- Trouble walking
- noisy, rasping, or slow breathing
- Sore throat
- Allergic reaction
Get medical help immediately if you have serious side effects, and rush to the nearest health center.
What should I know before I use Diazepam 10mg?
Warnings and Precautions
Do not use Diazepam if:
You are allergic to Diazepam or any other benzodiazepine medicine. Or any of the ingredients listed in the leaflet
- Always check the ingredient to make sure you can make this medicine
- you have severe and chronic lung disease
- you have severe liver disease
- you have sleep apnea
- severe muscles weakness
- drug OR alcohol withdrawal
- Have any other medical conditions, including
- kidney or Lung disease
- high or low blood pressure
- history of alcohol and drug abuse
What are some common drug interactions of Diazepam 10mg?
Using certain drugs concomitantly may result in drug interaction, increasing the risk of severe side effects and the risk of severe contradiction. Some products that may interact with drugs include – clozapine, fluvoxamine, orlistat, and sodium Oxybate.
Do not take other opioid pain relief medication and other BZD drugs as this may increase the risk of severe side effects, and CNS depressant increase when used together.
Sleep regulators, including Ambien and zolpidem, may also increase the risk of severe side effects and drug interaction.
Carisoprodol and Soma and other muscle relaxants may also interact, and as a result, it may result in serious health conditions.
Avoid eating grapefruit OR drinking grapefruit juice while using Diazepam unless your doctor advises taking grapefruit may increase the chances of side effects. Ask your doctor and pharmacist how you can have it.
How to take Diazepam10mg?
- Diazepam 10mg is an oral therapy, and your doctor will prescribe you an accurate dose per your symptoms and indications.
- Read the labels on the drug, as this will certainly help you take the dose for the stipulated time.
- You can take Diazepam 10mg with or without a meal; if you have nausea, it is important to take it after food OR ask your doctor how to manage it.
- Do not crush, chew or break the tablet.
- If you are expecting a mother, seek immediate medical attention if you see any severe symptoms.